One of my friends at Uni used to make this for us as it's a cheap and easy recipe. The ingredients may not sound like much but they make for a very delicious pasta dish and the sauce is packed full of Superfree!
Extra Easy - 1 syn per portion
4 Weight Watchers Pork Sausages (0.5 syns each)
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 onion, sliced
1 can of Chopped Tomatoes
150g dried Fusilli
Salt & Black Pepper
Mixed Dried Herbs
1. Remove the sausage meat from it's casing and set aside.
2. Fry the onion in a deep frying pan until soft and add the carrot and fry for a few minutes until the carrot has softened.
3. Add the sausage meat and fry until it has started to brown.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, seasoning and mixed herbs.
5. Leave to simmer, stirring occassionaly, for 30 minutes or until the chopped tomatoes have reduced and the mixture has thickened.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Distribute the pasta between two bowls and spoon the sausage meat on top. Serve with 20g grated reduced fat cheddar as part of your HEXa.