This is a recipe from Nigella Lawson's latest TV series, Nigellisima. It occured to me that this recipe was very easy to make SW-friendly so I thought I'd give it a go! It's basically a pizza, but with a meat base in place of dough. I'm sure you could experiment with toppings but this is the basic 'Margherita' version. You could even include the parmesan and porridge oats as HEXa and HEXb to make this recipe free.
Extra Easy - 2 syns per portion, HEXa
500g Extra Lean Beef Mince
3 tbsps grated Parmesan (1.5 syns per tbsp or use as HEXa)
25g Quaker Porridge Oats (4.5 syns or use as HEXb)
1 tsp dried Mixed Herbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 large Garlic clove, finely grated
1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
120g ball of Mozzarella, sliced into 8x15g slices (part of your HEXa)*
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C and place the mince, parmesan, eggs and
porridge oats in a bowl and combine with your hands. Add half of the
grated garlic, mixed herbs and seasoning. (Don't overwork the meat when
2. Spray a round cake tin with frylight and place the meat into the tin, pressing it flat with your hands.
3. Drain the the liquid from the chopped tomatoes and mix with the leftover
garlic and the oregano, season. Spread evenly onto the meat base.
4. Arrange the mozzarella slices on top (allowing for 2 slices per portion) and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and scatter on the fresh basil leaves.Cut into quarters and serve.
* Full daily allowance = 45g